Friday, January 4, 2008






Continued....

What is precious to me






To whomever shot a bullet through my window on New Years Eve, and to my city leaders,

I don't feel safe anymore. My city is riddled with crime. Within the last week, 3 people I know have had a major crime happen on their street. And we're not talking petty crimes either. Major things like drive by shootings, escaped suspects running on foot through the neighborhood, and me, I got a stray bullet through the bedroom window. I woke up new years day to find a whole in the window that is right by my bed. It took a while to register with me, but then I started figuring out - this was not rock that caused the whole. It was a bullet! I even found the bullet for proof later. It bounced off my headboard! While examining the whole, I noticed that it came from very high in the air. People in this city shoot up in the air on holidays. Go outside on any July 4th or New Years eve and you'll hear massive amounts of gun fire. Why these people can't buy fireworks, I don't know. Last year, a little girl was killed while standing outside on new years because one of these stray bullets came down and hit her head. This year, the gunfire was worse. People say they heard automatic weapons being shot. Now the question comes up: do we move, and if so, where to? No place in this city is really safe, but maybe another area would be a little better. Maybe I could have a 3 year plan to move. But for now, what? bullet proof glass? do I just trust that God is taking care of us? do I just not let my kids play outside? how would you all view this? a sign to move? or a sign that God didn't want me dead right now? I am very disturbed about this, but don't really know what to think.
for now,
L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Speechless. Are you all ok?