Saturday, July 21, 2007

A late night

We had old friends over tonight, old friends that have remained friends from when I was married. You see, W and I were friends when I was married, she was a best friend. There was another couple who always came over to cook out or came to parties. They had a son the same age as my oldest. When the divorce happened, they were so wonderful. They remained friends with both me and XH. They understood me. Now they come over for cookouts with me and W. I appreciate and love them so much. So tonight, I am thankful, for those old friends that didn't decide to take sides and turn against me. And thankful for the fun carefree time we had laughing tonight. They are truly wonderful. And isn't having people over great?
In the afternoon W and I took the boys to an outdoor concert and heard Johnny Cash songs performed live outside in someone's back yard. Then came home and had good food with good friends. Life is good.
L

No comments: