Sunday, August 5, 2007

adolescence rears it's head

People, for some time now I've told you about my boys. Well, WB, who is about to turn 12 has been "pms ing" for a number of months now. It hasn't been that bad, just an occasional temper tantrum, He'd go to his room and come out back to his old self. I called him bad B when he is in one of these moods, and good B when he's the old kid. He loves this as you can imagine. I've been thinking of giving the new personality a name, like Fred or Wilbur, but I digress. Anyway, this weekend it got worse! I took him to Target for school supplies and for a haircut (he has been growing it long this summer and it was really long, in his eyes, he had to shake his head to see you) He agreed that his hair should be "shaped up" We go to this chain store of haircuts which has a sports theme, we tell the lady how he wants it, she chops all his hair off. I swear, even I was mad at her! He fell apart. Cried all the way home, spent a good hour in the bathroom trying to make it grow, or look better or who know what else he was doing in there. He is obsessed with his looks. He tried on 3 or 4 pairs of jeans before finally settling on one that was too tight IMO. He primps before going out. 6 months ago the kid could care less if he changed his clothes every day or had ketchup on his shirt when we went out. Keep in mind that all these changes are merely emotional. He has not grown, he's a foot shorter than everybody, he has not facial hair, no physical changes. So he looks like this little kid but he's acting like a freakin 16 yr old. His best friend, on the other hand, has practically a full beard, his voice has changed, he's about 5'10", and he acts like an 8 yr old. Puberty is cruel I tell you. What am I going to do with a teenage boy around the house. I don't even want to think about what they do at night by themselves. YIKES!
later,
L

3 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Yeah, you DEFINITELY don't want to know what they do in their own "space"... lol

We have a 14 year old... and he has yet to hit the "shower" phase. lol

So you're lucky there! :)

Unknown said...

I popped over here via RSG's place. My partner and I are going through the whole puberty thing with our 14 year-old son. It's scary at times, but I'm still thinking it's easier than having a 14 year-old girl!

Good luck!

SassyFemme said...

We only had a girl, no boys. No matter boys or girls, I swear puberty has to be Mother Nature's cruelest trick.