Monday, January 14, 2008

crazy weekend update

Friday afternoon I realized I was signed up for a national board exam for teachers on Sat. morning. I had not studied. I would have to cram all Friday night instead of have a nice date night.

Then I got an email that said some things were due to my proposed college that I need to attend in order to keep my job. W and I are in the process of being admitted into graduate school for our art teacher certification. We found out a deadline was Friday for some things. That's ok I said, we'll just rush home at 3:30 and get it togeter

Then after school W called and had locked her keys in her van! I had to drive across town to get her, then we had to rush home to get said items. We could not make it in the traffic. School closed at 4:30. made many phone calls to try to let someone know. turned out it was ok.
whew! But the van! the locksmith had to be called. we called. he could not open it. we called another, he came and 2hrs and $45 later we had the keys. drove back home.

Study till 11:30 then pass out.

Up at 6 to go take test. The test went ok, I think. I am one to the weirdest people in the world obviously. I actually like taking these kind of tests. It is fun to me. Now, I have no idea whether I did pass it or not. I had to guess at several answers. I mean, it's been 25 yrs since I knew which painting ushered in the dutch expressionist movement in the 18th century... or.. whether Degas and Mary Cassat shared a studio or they just both like to paint the human form. It is kind of like trivial pursuit to me. except it cost $100 and my livelyhood depends on it. Seriously though, I get more chances to take the test so I will be fine. I would be so pumped it I passed it though.

Home again. Saturday night we had an old friend over. She is going through a divorce and has been separated for 2 years. She needs to move on but is stuck. W and I tried to give her some confidence that she would make it. I know she will. She is a sharp lady and a great Mom. She stayed over drinking wine until 12:30 though and we were tired.

Sunday to do:
take Christmas tree down (not done)
make lesson plans (check)
grocery shop (check)
decide a major life decision about what school my kids should go to next year. (ended up talking to the ex H for 2 hours on the phone about it -- still not decided)
get extra key made for W's van (not done)
watch the last dvd of the L word we had (ended up staying up until 12:30 doing so)

Whew! I am tired and looking forward to tonight

No comments: